Yesterday it was one of my favorite people in the world's birthday (Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, Greta!!!!) so I decided to make Oreo-stuffed chocolate cupcakes for her celebration at work!!
There are a lot of different ways to make Oreo cupcakes (and since Oreos can do no wrong in my book, I'm pretty sure they're all delicious!!) but here's my absolute favorite. They're super easy to make and the best part is, there's a surprise in the cupcake!!
Happy baking!!! : )
One package of Double Stuff Oreos
Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
Two cups heavy/whipping cream
Five tablespoons of sugar
One tablespoon of vanilla
One bag of mini Oreos
1. Line cupcake pans with liners
2. Drop one Double Stuff Oreo cookie into each liner.
3. Prepare chocolate fudge cake mix (you can prepare according to the directions or you can do what I do and substitute whole milk for water and add one extra egg!)
4. Pour or scoop the cake batter into each liner. (Be careful not to fill the liners too much! Remember the Oreo will take up space, too!)
5. Bake the cupcakes for approximately 14 minutes.
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
1. Chill a mixing bowl and whisk (or whisk attachment if using a stand mixer) in the freezer for at least twenty minutes.
2. Once chilled, remove the bowl and whisk from the freezer and pour two cups of heavy cream (or whipping cream) into the bowl.
3. Mix on medium speed and slowly add five tablespoons of sugar and one tablespoon of vanilla.
4. Continue to mix on high speed until stiff peaks begin to form.
5. Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with a decorative tip and pipe frosting onto each cupcake.
6. Top each cupcake with a mini Oreo.
If cupcakes are not served immediately, they should be refrigerated in an air-tight container. (I don't usually recommend refrigerating cupcakes unless they are frosted with whipped cream frosting!!)
Enjoy!!!!! : )