Happy Wednesday!! : )
It only took three weeks after it's arrival, but I finally took my new sewing machine out of the box!! Hooray!! I'm SEW excited!!
Picking out pretty fabrics is one of my absolute favorite things to do.
One of the first projects I'm trying to tackle is reupholstering my dining room chairs. They're from Ikea and I guess I could just buy covers from there, but I haven't really seen any patterns that I love....and having custom covers made can be SO expensive, SO.....I decided to make my own! Ironically, I'm not even using my sewing machine because it's much easier to use a staple gun! Of course, the staple gun I had wasn't quite working, so I had to order a new one, and I had only bought enough fabric to cover one chair (thank goodness for my mom and dad who picked up the other 8 yards I need last night!) so this is definitely a work in progress. When it's finished, the total cost for all four covers will be about $80 and I paid $80 each for the ones I currently have....so even though it's taking a lot of time and effort , I think it will be worth it (plus I love the pink and black fabric!) Below is what I'm hoping all four will end up looking like, so stay tuned! I'll post pics (if and!) when I finish! : )
Sew long, everyone!! : ) Have a great day!!!